After all, why is design important?
Design is a broad concept that represents the process of creating products based on technical and aesthetic excellence, with the aim of solving problems and adding value. Good design delivers the best possible user experience.
Design is a thought process that comprises the creation of products to solve problems, including functional and aesthetic aspects.
This is the most objective definition possible for the concept, which encompasses numerous forms of idealization, conception, development and specification of objects.
Some of the types of designs that exist
- Graphic design is the use of images, texts and illustrations for visual communication.
- Game design focused on the development and creation of games.
- Design thinking can be defined as the way of design thinking applied to the solution of challenges and innovation in business:
- Immersion: research and understanding of the problem and its context.
- Ideation: generating ideas as a team from the data collected.
- Prototyping: creating prototypes that validate learned content.
- Product design, works with the creation of objects focused on solving problems.
- Web design is the area that covers the creation of interfaces for software, websites, platforms and applications.
- Interior design is the area responsible for planning, creating and executing indoor projects.
The history of design
If we take the term literally, our ancestors already practiced design when creating their chipped stone tools. However, to facilitate understanding, let's place the concept in our age.
In this case, who deserves the title of first designer in history is Leonardo Da Vinci.
The genius used design principles to design visionary inventions that revolutionized humanity and propelled science forward.
Design is fundamental because it optimizes human creation, combining aesthetics with functionality. It is a process capable of adding value and generating more efficient, comfortable, safe and beautiful solutions.
Proof of this is that common sense equates design with something beautiful and well done. For companies, design is one of the key success factors, from product development to customer value delivery.
"The design is not just what it looks like. The design is how it works".
It's not just about enchanting the product's look, but thinking about the entire process of use and arriving at the best possible solution.
For this, the designer transforms ideas into products that actually solve problems, designed and executed in the smallest details.
Is design considered an art?
Personally, I usually say that design is the bridge between what already exists and what is possible to imagine and do.
Therefore, it is such a complex concept, which goes through art, business, culture, aesthetics, behavior and technology.
Can you already see design with a new look?
As we have seen, it is not a simple term, as it concerns a process, science, profession and even attributes of everything we know.
No wonder you are surrounded by examples of design: the page of this blog, the decoration of your office, the model of your shirt and even the shape of your chair. That's why design is so important.
It allows the world we imagine to become reality in the best possible way.
Co-founder of the Company. The Wall Street Journal named him the biggest influencer on the web.Author of the article "Why design matters to our lives".
Also read related posts.
Subscribe now to our newsletter !
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow our content closely.
Receive news based on what has to do with you.